YOGA PHYSICS 301 - TEACHER
YOGA PHYSICS 301 – TEACHER MENTORSHIP & DEVELOPMENT
Teacher development and mentorship program
The missing piece after teacher training is often the observation and feedback component. This program fills that gap while giving teachers an opportunity to build upon their strengths and create an authenticity and congruency within themselves as a teacher. Participants will begin to cultivate their own unique voice and style beyond the framework laid out in 200/500 hour models, giving them a style and format all their own based on their individual audience.
Prior to the start of the training, teachers are required to submit the following:
1. A recording of you teaching one of your public classes
2. A biography of yourself as a teacher – list what’s important to you, what you’re trying to teach
your students, how and what kind of teacher you believe yourself to be.
3. A full written class sequence, different than the one taught in the
Pre-requisite materials will be reviewed prior to the start of the training.
Based on the needs of the group teachers will then work through modules of material designed to encourage them to strengthen their knowledge and to refine and highlight their abilities as yoga teachers.
Topics to be covered will be:
– Asana Alignment and Movement from a kinesthetically accurate perspective
– Anatomy and Kinesthetic principles as they relate to asana
– Sequencing based on your particular teaching style
– Hands on Adjustments and Tactile teaching skills
– How to incorporate philosophical yogic principles into your teaching
– Body language and verbal delivery
– Cuing based on your knowledge and style
– Classroom management
– Interpersonal skills for dealing with students’ needs and goals
– Long-term goals and how to work towards them
At the close of the program, teachers will leave with a clear understanding of what they need to work on and how to make progress forward.
Feedback – Feedback will be given during individual, one hour Skype/FaceTime calls after the close of the training. In addition, one group Skype/FaceTime update call will be held about a month after the close of the training. Continuing feedback will be available should teachers want to continue on a consistent basis.
15 (Thursday) - 18 (Sunday)
3000 Folsom Street Boulder, CO 80304